[amsat-bb] Re: Calling DX in vain on AO-7

Luc Leblanc lucleblanc6 at videotron.ca
Fri Feb 5 10:22:13 PST 2010

On 5 Feb 2010 at 17:50, Bato, Andras wrote:

Date sent:      	Fri, 05 Feb 2010 17:50:28 +0000
From:           	"Bato, Andras" <bato at starjan.hu>
Subject:        	[amsat-bb]  Calling DX in vain on AO-7
To:             	amsat-bb at amsat.org

> Gentlemen,
> I was calling CQ Canada and CQ Alaska again during two AO-7. I had been doing it many many times.

> Once upon a time a Canadian fellow answered my call but the question arises: Are the only one station in the whole country which
> uses AO-7 time to time?
> As for the USA I met K3SZH twice.
> At the beginning I always use CW and make Qs with those regulars like UA9CS, OH8MBN, 9A2EY, F2IL, RW9SL, UN7CY
> and Polish and other European stations as well.
> Than I often switch to SSB to pick up G1WPR and I send endless CQs in SSB callnig Canada and DX.

> I wonder if more stations could be found from the American continent when AO-7 makes a QSO really easy
> -when there are active stations listening at the satellite.
> gl de ha6nn
> Andras

Hi Andras

I was on AO-7 couple of time but could be the time you where on was not in any favourable time over here. I can try this coming weekend to
work some pass but forget AO-7 on the 10 meter downlink signal are too weak only the 2 meter downlink is usually good in SSB.

Sked is always better as both party does not called endlessly in the void of space.

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE