[amsat-bb] Re: AO-27

Rick - WA4NVM wa4nvm at comcast.net
Tue Aug 10 07:41:40 PDT 2010

Hi Bob,

I think  you are new to the satellites, since I haven't heard you on the
birds yet.
Welcome to the fun world of sat's.

Now to your question.  AO-27 is on a timer sequence, 20 seconds of digital
 - then 7 minutes of voice - then back to 1 full minute of digital - then

You may be hearing it switch back to digital mode at the end of the 7 minute
repeater mode.  Just my guess.  There are a number of sites that give you
times for the daily passes.  One of them,
is currently about ten minutes off. (late)  Another one you may want to
check out is
http://sites.google.com/site/ao27satellitescheduler/  a program you can
and use on the daily bases.

I hope this helps and we all will look for you in the future.