[amsat-bb] Re: PIC rotator control

John Magliacane kd2bd at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 22 13:59:52 PDT 2009

--- On Wed, 10/21/09, Gordon JC Pearce <gordonjcp at gjcp.net> wrote:

> The PIC microcontrollers are frankly *dreadful*, without a single
> redeeming feature.  What makes me like them even less is that you're
> forced to use the bloody awful Windows software to program them,

I've used "gpasm" for assembly, and "picprog" for serial port programming, both under Linux, with excellent results.

I generally select the PIC I use in my projects based on the functions I require, and how well it is supported under the assembler and programmer indicated above.

This approach has worked extremely well for my purposes.

73, de John, KD2BD

Visit John on the Web at: