[amsat-bb] WD9EWK on the air tomorrow...

Patrick STODDARD (WD9EWK/VA7EWK) amsat-bb at wd9ewk.net
Fri Oct 16 21:38:10 PDT 2009

Hello from Tucson!

>From the hamfest tomorrow morning, I plan on working the
145.920/435.300 AO-51 repeater.  On VO-52, I will be on the
high end of the passband.  I typically try to park around
145.910 MHz USB on the downlink, and keeping in mind that
N2SPI will be up around 145.915 MHz USB on the 1535 UTC
pass I will try to work around him.  If you are on VO-52
during that pass, look for both of us.

Later in the day, I will probably have lunch with some local
hams after the hamfest.  I am not sure I will work the 2054
UTC AO-27 pass.  Good luck to all of those working from rare
grids during that pass.  I will try to be on from somewhere
in southeastern Arizona for the western AO-27 pass at 2235

As for AO-51 in the evening - passes around 2318 and 0054
UTC - I will be somewhere in southeastern Arizona and/or
southwestern New Mexico.  I may park on the Arizona/New
Mexico state line, or look to be on the DM51/DM52 boundary
from the New Mexico side of the border.  I've worked from
these grids on past trips, but only from the Arizona side
of the border.  I don't think I will try to drive up toward
DM53, or toward the DM6x grids in New Mexico, as I will be
driving back home in the evening.

Again, good luck to the others who are going out to rare or
unusual grids during various passes tomorrow.  73!