[amsat-bb] Re: AMSAT Symposium News Posted to the Web

Bob McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 13:14:23 PDT 2009

Why aren't you?  I have not heard your signal on a single linear
satellite, including VU.

The technology BUILT and currently undergoing testing in ARISSat 1 will
provide real tangible benefit for linear transponders (and nonlinear) in
the VHF/UHF range for all sorts of missions.  But you sling mud at
ARISSat without knowing what it actually IS don't you?

Bill Ress, N6GHZ, presented his linear transponder work at the forum.
It is really nice work.  When we get done with high level HELAPS on it,
it will be a very very nice linear transponder indeed, built on late
model really nice, naturally hard devices.  The efficiency and more are
better than achieved by RAH or the other transponder builders for VU.
But that is to be expected.  We have had the advantage of time and the
demand for better RF parts for all sorts of markets producing them.

Rocky Jones wrote:
> http://www.qsl.net/pe1rah/HAMSAT.htm
> I am just trying to figure out why AMSAT NA is not taking advantage of work already done.
> Robert WB5MZO

(Co)Author: DttSP, Quiktrak, PowerSDR, GnuRadio
"You don't need to see the whole staircase, just
 take the first step.", MLK.
Active: Facebook,Myspace,LinkedIn