[amsat-bb] Re: satpc32 qrn

myles landstein myles.landstein at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 17:31:04 PDT 2009

hi

I remember  not  too long  ago  fellow  hams  were polite  and  helpful

don't be discouraged

Bob, I don't use  satpc32, but  it might help if you specify  if  the
problem occurs   strictly  when you start  satpc  or    you get the
noise   when  the computer is on  (regardless of  running  satpc)

if the  problem should occur when  you  turn on the pc,   it is not
uncommon  for  pc's to throw  out  a lot of noise

disconnect   any cables going from the rig to the pc  does the noise
still occur?

if it does  you have to experiment  a bit to see if you can eliminate
the noise,  you might have to  try to  buy a  ac  filter  for the pc
array solutions  makes  one.

you may also have to    try putting  ferrits  (http://www.dxengineering.com/Products.asp?ID=182&SecID=152&DeptID=42
) on the  cabling  for your  rig

you might want to google around  and search  the ARRL web site     on
trying to mitigate   pc  noise,    ultimately you may have to move
the pc

feel free  to email me directly off the list  i am not expert but
will try to help you