[amsat-bb] On the Air from Iceland (Tom, TF/N2YTF)

Daniel "Nick" Kucij dnkucij at myfairpoint.net
Sat Oct 3 07:17:06 PDT 2009

Posted by Nick, KB1RVT on behalf of Tom, N2YTF:

Greetings to all,

I would like to let anyone who is interested in working Iceland know
that from Sept. 28 through Oct. 5th 2009 I will be operating every
daytime/evening FM satellite pass I can between 10:00 and 01:00 UTC
from Iceland.  Please keep in mind that the weather in Iceland can be
pretty extreme, and my primary reason for being here with my wife is
to tour, so I will not be on every pass, but most days I will work
many passes.

Equipment on this end is a 3w TH-D7AG with Arrow Antenna and headset
for full duplex work.  I am updating my satellite log daily on my QRZ
page.  The log includes both North America and Europe so far...

The volcanic ground along with the almost complete lack of trees (and
buildings outside of Reykjavik) make working the low passes easy, so
do not be discouraged if you see a low pass listed for Iceland...you
just may work me anyway.  I have made several QSOs on passes under 4
degrees maximum elevation.

If you are in an arctic location or africa and think you have a shot
at working me, I would be specifically interested in working you and
would ask that you email me directly for a sked.  Everyone else,
please just look for me on the birds....I am on quite  abit.

73 to all,
Tom-TF/N2YTF
n2ytf at arrl.net