[amsat-bb] Re: From CO8LY

Jarek Stopczyk, KB9IIZ kb9iiz at arrl.net
Sat Nov 14 09:37:39 PST 2009

Here is some info I've dug up.
2SC2290 was manufactured by Toshiba link
2SC3240 was manufactured by Mitsubishi

Turns out that 2SC2290A, SD1487 AND MRF454 are good replacements for
MRF454 is manufactured by MA-COM.

RF Parts http://rfparts.com/transistors.html
shows both 2SC2290A and MRF454 as available.

I did not find any information on the 2SC3240 but there might be a close
replacement on the RF Parts site.

Jarek, KB9IIZ

Hello dears freinds :

I write to you to ask for a big favor. I own an old YAESU FT-747 which

power transistors 2SC2290 or 2SC3240 were damaged.

I have not been able to find them, allthough I have searched ansiously.

A friend of my city gives myself two trasistores of low power and alone
to transmit with 45 watt in these moments

I need you to help me, for that Radio is my unique HF Station.

If you could help me find the two transistors I would be profoundly

Best regards for you and your family.

73.- Eduardo CO8LY