[amsat-bb] Re: Yaesu FT-736R and HRD

Jean-François Ménard jf.va2ss at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 06:37:34 PST 2009

I understand, but is there a way to support this rig anyway ? SatPC32 offer
a good compromise when using this rig without the vfo reading..... you only
control the radio for the software... no vfo dial.... that is not a real
problem for me.

I understand too that this request could ask a lot of work in HRD...

Ok thanks for the answer. I will stick with SatPC32.... hopefully, I really
like this software.

Le 8 novembre 2009 09:24, Nigel Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF <nigel at ngunn.net> a écrit :

> No software can "fully support" that rig because it is not possible to read
> the VFO frequency. It doesn't have the CAT command to do that.
> The first thing that HRD does is read your radios frequency.
> Jean-François Ménard wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I know that the Yaesu FT-736R is quite a bit old... but it is an excellent
>> rig with his limitation, of course.
>> I bought one on a recent hamfest here in Quebec.... better than running 2
>> FT-817ND to do the comlete full duplex.... FT-736R has more "ears" too of
>> course.
>> I'm a beginner, and cannot afford another sat rig for now, and this one is
>> really do the job for me. But I have difficulty to see a brilliant futur for
>> this radio with next generation software like HRD.
>> Why only SatPC32 is able to fully support this rig while HRD can't !?!?
>> 73
> --
> Nigel A. Gunn,  1865 El Camino Drive, Xenia, OH 45385-1115, USA.  tel +1
> 937 825 5032
> Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF (was KC8NHF),  e-mail nigel at ngunn.net       www
>  http://www.ngunn.net
> Member of  ARRL, GQRP #11396, QRPARCI #11644, SOC #548,  Flying Pigs QRP
> Club International #385,
>           Dayton ARA #2128, AMSAT-NA LM-1691,  AMSAT-UK 0182, MKARS,  ALC,

Jean-François Ménard

AMSAT www.amsat.org / Member #37102
ARRL  www.arrl.org