[amsat-bb] Re: [Work-Sat] success and maybe an arrow

w6zkh@comcast.net w6zkh at comcast.net
Fri Nov 6 19:50:54 PST 2009

Correct url for last picture: http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu207/w6zkh/Vacation2009030.jpg

----- Original Message -----
From: w6zkh at comcast.net
To: Work-Sat at yahoogroups.com
Cc: "amsat-bb" <amsat-bb at amsat.org>
Sent: Friday, November 6, 2009 7:47:37 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: [Work-Sat] success and maybe an arrow

Loren......I use an Elk dual-band log periodic yagi with my FT-60R and works great. Doesnt need that diplexer, like the Arrow, but the price is just abit cheaper than the Arrow. Also breaks down into a nice package, and I made an ABS tube for mine to carry it in. Sort of an overkill, but at least it wont get crushed by an 18 wheeler. I used the HT/Elk setup on a 3 week vacation last month to back into Georgia, and worked quite a bit of grids locations and also stations with good success.

John W6ZKH