[amsat-bb] Earth Venus Earth communications at

Bob McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 12:07:28 PDT 2009

I am really happy to tell everyone of a terrific  "SDR" experiment.  HI.

Our colleagues in AMSAT-DL have been working towards demonstrating
several of the pieces  to allow for interplanetary communications in the
event the Phase V mission to Mars comes to fruition.

A team consisting of many well known amateurs including Wolfgang Büscher
(DL4YHF),   Freddy de Guchteneire (ON6UG),  Hermann Hagner (DK8CI),
Michael Lengrüsser (DD5ER) ,  Karl Meinzer (DJ4ZC), James Miller
(G3RUH), Max Münich (DJ1CR), Hartmut Paesler (DL1YDD), Achim Vollhardt

The AMSAT-DL web page is here:

and the English press release is here:

In the photographs attached to these pages and press releases, one can
see the SDR-IQ and Spectrum Lab. Congrats to  RFSPACE
(http://rfspace.com/Home.html)  and  Wolfgang DL4YHF

I hope everyone joins in congratulating this team on their multiple year
effort and outstanding achievement.

Bob McGwier

(Co)Author: DttSP, Quiktrak, PowerSDR, GnuRadio
"It is human nature to think wisely and act in
an absurd fashion.", Anatole France.
Active: Facebook,Myspace,LinkedIn