[amsat-bb] Re: Landwehr preamp

jari.koivurinne@aina.net jari.koivurinne at aina.net
Wed Mar 11 00:10:31 PDT 2009

> Hi all.
> I wonder if there is anyone out there who can help me, I am trying to
> locate a GASFET for my Landwehr 70 cms preamp model GAAS 435ma. I have
> been informed that there is no equivalent as these were specially for
> Landwehr Electronics so it would seem that my only hope is that someone,
> somewhere may have a preamp that has seen better days, but still has the
> Gasfet intact.
> I have emailed Landwehr but to date no reply,
> Any assistance would be greatfully appreciated.
> 73.
> Howard. G0VBT.

Why not just replace the dead GaAsFET with modern GaASFET and retune the
circuits. I dont know what kind of FET that is but if it is single gate
model then you can replace it for example with the popular MGF1302.

There are also dual-gate GaAs-FET amplifiers with S3030-fet.
It is guite simple to modify the amp to use single-gate FET.

Jari OH3UW