[amsat-bb] HF satellite?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jun 5 09:05:35 PDT 2009

We are considering an HF transponder for our next long range
CUBESAT mission planning.  It can have three modes:

1) APRS 1200 baud for command and control and APRS on 145.825
2) PSK-31 multi-user SSB uplink on 29 MHz and FM down link on
3) 29 MHz uplink and 24 MHz downlink SSB transponder

We will welcome someone in the AMSAT community that wants to
contribute to mission 3, the HF transponder.  We tried the #2
PSK-31 mission on PCSAT2 and RAFT, both failed due to HF antenna
deployment problems.  Now we are going to try again...