[amsat-bb] Re: Rare grid squares?

Gary "Joe" Mayfield gary_mayfield at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 21 20:57:59 PDT 2009

DXers produce list of desired countries.  Six meter operators have compiled
such a list of grid squares, I suspect our list would be similar.  If you
have not read about the Fred Fish (w5ff) award, it is interesting.  I think
Randy, n7sfi is probably our Fred Fish as I don't know of anyone else who
has all of the grids touched by the lower 48 states.

I would like to see two lists; one for Grids and one for States.  Satellite
operations should make for an easy WAS, but I know it took me way longer
than I thought it should have.

A few years ago to spark interest QRP-L had a one state per weekend deal for
QRP ops.  Maybe we should do a one state a weekend for satellite ops?

Anyway... I would be willing to help with such a project.  I think a good
starting point might be a web site where folks could report what they have
or have not worked.  It might even be enough to get me to update my grid
list :-)

Joe kk0sd