[amsat-bb] Re: AMSAT Officer Assistance

Anthony Monteiro aa2tx at comcast.net
Tue Jul 21 14:42:45 PDT 2009

Dear Friends,

I thought this was already answered:

A gentleman is considering a CubeSat mission for weather research, and
needs answers to his inquiry after reading the AMSAT FAQ regarding
using ham frequencies ...

 >> Related to Q2 & Q5 (compensation):
 >> * As university staff, can I transmit to the CubeSat, or is my
 >> salary considered compensation?
 >> * Is the refurbishment of a club ground station (man hours,
 >> equipment repair/purchase) considered compensation?

Clint Bradford, K6LCS

97.113 (5) (c) A control operator may accept compensation as an incident of
a teaching position during periods of time when an amateur station is used
by that teacher as part of classroom instruction at an educational