[amsat-bb] Re: NRO interest in CubeSat

Michael Pawlowski n2mp at frii.net
Fri Jul 17 11:49:59 PDT 2009

Oops!  Here's a link to the slides:

From: Michael Pawlowski [mailto:n2mp at frii.net]
Sent: Friday, July 17, 2009 11:25 AM
To: 'amsat-bb at amsat.org'
Subject: NRO interest in CubeSat

Hello all,

I just ran across a set of slides from the National Reconnaissance Office
(NRO) entitled "CubeSat Experiments (QbX)".  It appears the NRO is
interested in the possibilities a CubeSat could their organization.  As for
AMSAT, have we approached the NRO related to what expertise AMSAT could
provide?  And more importantly, would it be possible to either gain access
to a  launch opportunity or include one or more of our (RF?) modules into
one of their CubeSats?  It just seems that if the NRO is serious about
pursuing CubeSat,  AMSAT should be involved.