[amsat-bb] Re: AO-51 tlmECHO software... supported TNC

Mark L. Hammond marklhammond at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 06:08:58 PDT 2009

Hello Jean-François,

TLMEcho requires a TNC in KISS mode (or, software emulation of KISS
mode).  Any TNC that can run in KISS mode should work with TLMEcho.
 If the SCS PTC-IIe can run KISS mode (or emulate it), it should work
with TLMEcho.

People can also use MixW and a sound card, since MixW can emulate a
TNC in KISS mode.

Another sound card option is to use Willow/Sabins by Douglas KA2UPW.
I can't find the links--it was convered in a recent very good article
in the AMSAT Journal. There is a bit of information in this
Presentation, near the end:

Douglas--can you please post the links to your software?  :)   Can't
find it via Google...

Mark N8MH

AO-51 tlmECHO software... supported TNC