[amsat-bb] SuitSat-II question

Greg D. ko6th_greg at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 3 19:17:25 PDT 2009

Hi folks,

I just watched the video of Gould Smith talking about SuitSat-II.  Nice job.

But it left me wondering...  With a new battery, solar cells, custom electronics package, switches, and antennas, what is the Suit itself needed for?  At least in the original SuitSat, we used the battery pack (I think), and even that's being replaced.

Don't get me wrong, the use of the suit is a marketing master-stroke.  But am I right that it's basically only there for support (both mechanically and politically)?

Greg  KO6TH