[amsat-bb] Lunar link budget

Howie DeFelice howied231 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 3 06:14:31 PDT 2009

 Hi Domenico,

I could be wrong but I think your budget is correct for a regenerative transponder but for a bent pipe transponder we need to add the uplink noise to the downlink noise where

C/N (total) = 1/((1/C-Nup)+(1/C-Ndn)) which in this case would be about 6.7 dB.

Still pretty good, but would probably be better even at the lower microwave freqs. If we used PSK31 exlusively, even 2.5 KHz many simultaneous QSO's.

Howie AB2S