[amsat-bb] Re: Software Commodore 64

Jim Jerzycke kq6ea at pacbell.net
Thu Jul 2 19:59:12 PDT 2009

*Somewhere* in this grand mess of mine I have a program called "Super VR85 Tracker" that I used for pass predictions when I ran a C=64 and C=128. I worked perfectly, and was what I used to track the MIR so I could make packet contacts with it. I'd print out the passes on my dot-matrix printer, and then run the DigiCom64 software to control my A&A Engineering W2UP modem for packet use. I couldn't afford the PK-64 until years later, but somehow it all worked, and I made numerous packet contacts with the MIR.
Amazing what you could do with an 8-bit machine back then!
*IF* I can find the disk, I'll fire up the C=128 and make you a copy.
73, Jim  KQ6EA