[amsat-bb] Re: Needless discussions re AO51

Greg D. ko6th_greg at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 23 22:27:46 PST 2009

Agreed!  I just tuned in on the tail end of a pass of FO-29 just now, and caught the end of what sounded like a nice long casual chat between VA7MG and KC9ICH, and worked VA7MG when they were done.  Very clean signals (if a little loud), and no frantic speech or stepped on half-sentences.  The nice thing about full duplex SSB is that it's very much like real speech - you can both talk over each other and hear what's going on, just like real life.  You don't have an exchange on FO-29, you have conversations.  And, at over 650 miles up, it has a footprint second only to AO-7, and even works in the dark!

Greg  KO6TH