[amsat-bb] Re: Loosing the north!!! final conclusion.

Luc Leblanc lucleblanc6 at videotron.ca
Sat Dec 12 04:35:35 PST 2009

On 12 Dec 2009 at 11:10, Danny Casier wrote:

Date sent:      	Sat, 12 Dec 2009 11:10:18 +0100
From:           	Danny Casier <Danny.casier at skynet.be>
Subject:        	[amsat-bb] Re: Loosing the north!!! final conclusion.
To:             	amsat-bb at amsat.org

> Hi Luc
> "I have 24 elements UHF linear yagi and after the switch i got a lot of
> small fades with a huge one. "
> You have also polarisation. So it's normal you have fading due the spin of
> the sat.
> 24 elements, that's about 30° of opening angle.

Hi Danny

I recheck the alignment on SO-50 and i can confirm my previous north alignment was wrong. I can gave half a degree of elevation and still
able to hear the sat what it was not possible before. I will keep it as is for now and i will try some other tests on some faint signal
from space eg: UO-11.

Could be the moon with JT65B will be a good practice target to have this pointing question solved once for all. I was planning some EME
experiment when AO-40 goes silent but i never completed the project. Just check the link below it does not take a lot of power for some EME

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE