[amsat-bb] Re: DSTAR vs AO-51

Tony Langdon vk3jed at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 13:42:47 PDT 2009

At 01:31 AM 4/27/2009, Luc Leblanc wrote:

>I was asking a question only to know if as AO-27 DSTAR can be pass
>through AO-51. I guess the answer is yes as per your offer to ask for it
>in the monthly schedule? I choose this the last days of V/S mode to
>avoid "messing" with analog users.

I'm not sure that V/S is a good idea, with the extreme Doppler
shift.  Take Drew's suggestion and get some time scheduled on the
second transponder for D-STAR (preferably on mode V/U).  Having it in
the schedule means the rest of the world can give it a try as well. :)

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com