[amsat-bb] Re: FLTSATCOM Hacked

Fri Apr 24 12:54:54 PDT 2009

I think it is less important to worry about technology that can't be
hacked and more important to devise a scheme to locate  the source of an
interferer be it deliberate or accidental. With a bent pipe transponder
scheme, if there are two or more satellites having  overlapping
footprint, you can  monitor the downlink of each satellite and derive a
time of arrival  fix from each. Do some trig and get a fix on the
possible locations. I am sure this is exactly what the DOD is doing to
locate these pirates.

Joe Leikhim K4SAT

"Use only Genuine Interocitor Parts" Tom Servo  ;-P