[amsat-bb] Tonight, the Netherlands found Georgia on AO-7

n3tl@bellsouth.net n3tl at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 14 17:17:03 PDT 2009

Hey everyone,

At 21:29 UTC tonight (5:29 p.m., Eastern Daylight Time), Hans - PA3CQE - responded to my "CQ DX" on Grand Old AO-7. We had a couple of exchanges in CW, and another country and "exotic" grid square went in the satellite log here. I am thrilled to make such a wonderful contact on AO-7, and with a straight key.

As we worked, AO-7 descended from just about 4 degrees to 2.2 degrees here. What a hoot!

73 to all,