[amsat-bb] Re: Preamps??

Mark L. Hammond marklhammond at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 16:38:22 PDT 2009

Hi Jerry,

I cannot say enough good things about the preamps AND the PEOPLE at Advance Receiver Research!  They are always personable, quick to ship/repair, and their products are awesome.

I have around 5 of their preamps around the shack right now (okay, four are at the antennas where they belong!).   It makes the difference between hearing and not hearing.

In the last few weeks I finally added a 2M mast-mount model at the antenna.  I keep kicking myself for not doing it years ago...I can't believe how much better I can hear AO-7 now.

Suggestion---I have found that over the years I tend to "mess around" rather than get what I really want to begin with.  In that vein---I don't think you will never regret getting the 160 Watt mast mounted versions:

Models relevant to 2M and 70 cm:

Yes, they are an investment of hard earned ca$h.  But they're a GREAT investment, if you want to hear...

Mark N8MH

>Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 09:34:17 -0500
>From: "Gary \"Joe\" Mayfield" <gary_mayfield at hotmail.com>
>Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: Preamps??