[amsat-bb] Yaesu FT-736 problem

Greg D. ko6th_greg at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 12 11:51:54 PDT 2009

Hi folks,

I just noticed a problem with my Yaesu FT-736R rig.  Everything seems to work fine in FM mode (both FM and FM-N), but when I switch the receiver to any other mode (SSB or CW) the S-meter immediately jumps to about S9+50 - not quite pegged - and I hear a full-quieting-but-no-audio sort of sound from the speaker.  This happens on any band - 2m, 70cm, or 23cm, and anywhere in the band.  If I tune to an active repeater and switch to SSB, I can tell that the FM signal is still there, but being swamped by something.

It's got to be an internal problem, but where to start?  Any ideas?

Greg  KO6TH

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.