[amsat-bb] Re: Less than lightening Results

Jim Leder k8cxm at fuse.net
Thu Apr 9 14:25:47 PDT 2009

I've operated CW almost exclusively on VO52,FO29 and AO7, very little on
SSB. I have been very discouraged at the lack of interest on these birds to
the point that I've just about given up. Seems I call CQ, and listen to
myself from AOS to LOS with no answers. At the same time, I do hear a fair
amount of SSB activity.  I do CW about 95% of the time on the HF bands and
much prefer it over SSB. The lack of CW activity on the transponder birds is
very evident. Guess it's another sign of the times with ham radio.

     Jim Bob Buckeye
            AKA
  **** Jim Leder****
    K8CXM since 1961
 IBM retiree since 1999

There are 10 types of people in this world -- those who understand binary
and those who don't.