[amsat-bb] AO-51 L/U very cool!

DeYoung James deyoung_james at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 27 17:19:34 PDT 2008

Greetings,

I finally decided to try L/U on AO-51 using my IC-910H, SATPC32, 70-cm arrow on a camera tripod, and a 10-elem. "cheap yagi" for the 1.267-GHz uplink.  Very good signals for all on the downlink most of the pass, however my uplink on 1.267-GHz is heavily affected by trees, the fact I operate from inside my home from the 2nd floor, and I was arm-stronging the cheap yagi whilst twisting for polarization!.  Great to hear Angelo, Carmen, Clare, and Mike.  Thanks for calling me back in the group.  A very cool mode that works very well.

73, JIm (N8OQ ex KG4QWC)