[amsat-bb] Re: first impression

Michael Tondee mat_62 at netcommander.com
Sat Sep 20 10:09:59 PDT 2008

Hi Jim,
I enjoyed this post. Lots of resources up there if we just use them. I too
am frustrated by the almost complete abscense of any thing related to AMSAT
or the satellites coming out of QST. There used to be a regular column that
rotated with other ones and appeared about every three months or so but it
has sadly disappeared. By looking in the mainstream amateur press, except
for the occasional brief mention of P3E, you would not even know that
satellite operations still exist.
 I will be glad to be joining you guys on the linear SSB/CW birds if I can
jst get a couple of issues figured out here.  I'm having a devil of a time
getting SatPC32 sorted out where I can hear my own downlink on them.  I had
thought I had a TX antenna issue on the 70cm uplink birds and still do but
recently I've been trying to get my downlink tuned in where it's
intelligible to me on FO-29 and haven't been able to do it. It used to seem
so easy to set that up in the CAT screen of SatPC32 when I had a TS-2000X
but I had to sell that and now I'm using an Icom IC-820H and it's giving me
fits. i guess it wouldn't be so much fun if it was easy though, would it?
73,
Michael, W4HIJ
AMSAT # 36017