[amsat-bb] Re: Windows XP and the Amsat Rotorinterface IF-100

Erich Eichmann erich.eichmann at t-online.de
Thu Sep 18 11:07:37 PDT 2008

Hallo Paul,
to steer the IF-100 (or FODTrack) you need hardware access to the PCs
parallel port. I suppose your OS is Windows XP. The hardware driver that
comes with Wisp32 (RR.dll) doesn't work on NT based Windows systems (Win
2000, XP, Vista). Hardware access under these OS requires a kernel driver.
SatPC32 (Wisat32, DDESat32 ) therefore use a kernel driver to steer the
IF-100 on these systems. So, you could use Wisp32 for data operation and
SatPC32 (Wisat32 or DDESat32) for rotor and radio control.

73s, Erich, DK1TB