[amsat-bb] Re: NASA closes Johnson Space Center

Ransom, Kenneth G. (JSC-OC)[BAR] kenneth.g.ransom at nasa.gov
Fri Sep 12 11:34:12 PDT 2008

White Sands handles the TDRS comm link to where ever it is needed. Russians have their VHF ground stations and they have 3 backup ground sites in the USA. Moscow can also handle many of the command duties for ISS so I think the crew is safe but they can used the ham radio anytime they want. It is part of their training should a multiple communications failure occur.

Kenneth - N5VHO