[amsat-bb] Re: AT&T DSL??

Jim Jerzycke kq6ea at pacbell.net
Sat Sep 6 18:01:44 PDT 2008

I've had it since it was first offered. Other than the major hassle of getting my ISDN service changed back to analog and getting the DSL configured, I've had very few problems with it. I had to replace the cable from the NID to the phone jack after about 6 years because it was falling apart. I replaced it with outdoor rated cable, as the cable they originally used was indoor rated, and the jacket degraded to the point it was crumbling. I also replaced the original Westell WireSpeed modem with a newer one when I upgraded the service. No HF interference that I can detect, but then I run shielded CAT5 everywhere.
73, Jim