[amsat-bb] Re: ISS SSTV

Ransom, Kenneth G. (JSC-OC)[BAR] kenneth.g.ransom at nasa.gov
Wed Oct 22 06:29:17 PDT 2008

The D700 typically operates at 5 or 10 watts. It feeds into a linear antenna on the aft end of the Zvezda service module. Info on the antennas is available at http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/station/reference/radio/antennas.html . Additional operation of the SSTV system is planned but it will be more infrequent until a fully unattended operation is in place.
Kenneth - N5VHO