[amsat-bb] ISS SSTV image suprice afterwards from MMSSTV.

Cor spacecor at hetnet.nl
Sun Oct 12 16:27:12 PDT 2008

Hello All,

I just wanted to close the laptop (upstairs) and go to sleep and
I discovered an unexpected suprice afterwards.
During the ISS SSTV pass at 16:56UTC pass I had 2 SSTV software programs
running (MMSSTV and HRD DM780).
HRD DM780 window was opened and MMSSTV window
was minimized to the taskbar.
Just few moments before I wanted to shutt off the laptop I maximized
the MMSSTV window and saw a much better ISS SSTV image.
I still do not know why there is so much difference between the 2 images.
The signal from ISS was very clear and I could not understand why the
distortion came on the image (looking at HRD DM780).
Maybe HRD DM780 catched the audio from my internal laptop mic.
I asume DM780 works well and I had a little mistake in the settings.
I will look at it tommorow.

73's Cor PD0RKC
Ham Radio De Luxe: http://iss.ontwikkel.nl