[amsat-bb] Re: Anyone running a PREDICT server I can test access with?

Greg D. ko6th_greg at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 11 15:24:03 PDT 2008

Hi James,

Wow, never seen this.  Sounds like you have a files permissions issue somewhere.  What version, and how was it compiled?  Where do you run it from?

I'm running a modified version of Predict 2.2.1 on my system (but it's behind a firewall, so you won't be able to connect to it).  I cd to the directory where the program is (where it was compiled), and run it from there.  The TLE and QTH files are in ~/.predict, which, of course, I have r/w access to (mode 755).  The files themselves are 644.  If I recall, everything was done from my own account, not root.

Greg  KO6TH