[amsat-bb] Re: AO-51 mode L/U

Andrew Glasbrenner glasbrenner at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 25 19:08:37 PST 2008

Depending on the length of your feedline, you should have been audible at
least. Doppler tuning is VERY important, are you set up for tuning the

As a reference, I started out on L/U last year with 10 watts, ~3db of
feedline loss, and a 24 element horizontal loop yagi. I was ok at 20 degrees
or higher, with bad fades. I added a 60w amp and am good from 5-10 degrees
and up, with occasional fades noticeable.

73, Drew KO4MA