[amsat-bb] Re: thought for a neat product, anyone seen one?

Alan ve4yz at mts.net
Mon Nov 24 07:27:58 PST 2008

At 10:14 PM 11/23/2008, Eric Fort wrote:
>I just thought of kind of a neat product for those of us that work sats.
>Has anyone seen anything similar?  I have an ft-817 which has a cat
>interface and will operate both ssb and fm.  Has anyone seen a little
>box that would adjust the radio frequency for both uplink and downlink
>while displaying azmuth and elevation data?  It seems that it would be
>handy to have the frequency control take care of itself while providing
>data as to where I should point the arrow.  What do those reading this
>idea think of it?  It would seem to me to be quite useful especially for

Hi Eric,

1990's TrakBox requires computer with serial port to program KEPS into it,
but then can run Doppler and a rotator.  Displays AZ/EL of pass.

http://www.bigfattail.com/software/pocketsatplus/   freeware or register it.

PocketSat can be run on a $10 surplus Palm and will show graphically
elevation and direction of a pass.

73, Alan VE4YZ