[amsat-bb] Re: ISS/STS-126 Position?

Scott Schmautz wb2uzr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 04:13:16 PST 2008

Thanks for the answers guys. I was using what I assume are current keps. I
was using Orbitron and the tracking segment  of Ham Radio Deluxe. What I did
notice is that the position seemed accurate until docking, then
the difference became noticeable as Alan had described in his message.
Again, not a major issue, just curious as to what was happening.
For Alan, WB5RMG, wouldn't  the subsequently released keps bring the ISS
position into line? I imagine so, I think the programs were using keps from
Celestrak, AMSAT, or Space Track.

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 3:09 AM, Armando Mercado <am25544 at triton.net> wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>  Do the keps for the shuttle become in accurate at some point during a
> docking mission?
> From launch to docking to the ISS, the shuttle does several engine
> burns.  See the following URL:
> http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/SSapplications/Post/JavaSSOP/orbit/SHUTTLE/SVPOST.html
> Armando, N8IGJ

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx