[amsat-bb] Re: Neked-eye viewing

Luc Leblanc lucleblanc6 at videotron.ca
Thu Nov 6 20:43:50 PST 2008

On 6 Nov 2008 at 15:23, n3tl at bellsouth.net wrote:

 I recently picked up a pair of Nikon zoom binoculars (10x-25x x 50mm) for wide-field viewing, and I'm going to try to "find" our FM LEO
satellites in the night sky with
 them in the coming days and weeks. I will not see them from here with my naked eye.
> 73 to all,
> Tim - N3TL

AO-40 is much bigger and at perigee about +-1000KM if i remember correctly i don't even believe you will be able to see it and when i say
"see it" i should better say swishing it as the closer you are the fastest he will pass.

With all the rumours going around AO-40 couple of years ago. Nobody has never been able to confirm if he is still in one piece or in pieces
there is surely a way with the proper equipment to confirm this? Visually or by other mean... If a spy satellite is able to see a text in
the Pravda over the shoulder of someone, can they see on the other side!  the space one?

P.S.Could be we enter in some sort of Ham fiction HAMFI...

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE