[amsat-bb] Re: APRS through ISS and FD

Fri Jun 27 05:48:24 PDT 2008

>>> So, does a digital QSO THROUGH the ISS digipeater
>>> or voice repeater count for the 100 FD bonus points?

>>Bob, WB4APR

No, according to those who do the counting:

Hi Alan -

Thanks for the note. As the ISS is NOT a satellite, this would not qualify
for the 100-point bonus. To earn that credit, you will need to make a QSO
through one of the recognized Amateur Radio satellites.

Have fun at Field Day this year!

Sean Kutzko KX9X
Contest Branch Manager
ARRL - The national association of Amateur Radio
225 Main Street
Newington, CT  06111 USA
(860) 594-0232
email: kx9x at arrl.org

It is a goofy ruling, but I find not new.  Just widely unknown, because it
apparently makes so little sense.

If you have DOCUMENTED evidence, not hearsay or past usage, to get this
fixed, I would appreciate your giving me a reference.  I am not being
argumentative here, but that is what would be required to fix this,
especially on short notice.