[amsat-bb] Re: APRS through ISS and FD

Ransom, Kenneth G. (JSC-OC)[BAR] kenneth.g.ransom at nasa.gov
Tue Jun 24 17:27:34 PDT 2008

Contacts through the amateur radio system on the ISS do count as a satellite contact. So, if you make a voice contact via the crossband repater on ISS  or via the packet Digi then your contact counts.  It is the contact with the ISS crew that does not (as previously stated) count as a contact via an amateur radio satellite.
Kenneth - N5VHO