[amsat-bb] More About the Cubesats

John Marranca, Jr KB2HSH at amsat.org
Sun Jun 8 11:51:55 PDT 2008

QUOTE:

"Our access is by examination and not a fee."

Art:  DON'T even TRY to feed me that line of crap!

In the 1990's when the ARRL allowed waivers based upon physical need
(a.k.a. handicap), I wen to several VE sessions where applicants
thought it was quite funny that they has their chiropractor write a
"pass" for them to skip the 13 or 20 WPM code test.

My OPINION is this...and if I'm wrong...then I apologize now...but
with Amateur Radio being somewhat of an antique radio "service", the
idea that any educational entity wishes to utilize HAM frequencies
only strengthens our "purpose".  The educational entities want to
include us...whether it with us helping to collect TLM,  tracking, or
even...yes...God help us...using "OUR" frequencies.

Forgive me if I seem bitter, but that "Spark Forever" antique thinking
belongs on 20 meters.

John KB2HSH

--

John Marranca, Jr
PBX Technician/Shop Steward CWA Local 1122
BN Systems, Inc
Orchard Park, NY
(716)972-2006