[amsat-bb] Field Day 2008 Totals

Bruce kk5do at arrl.net
Wed Jul 23 12:03:42 PDT 2008

Field Day 2008 is over and I have just completed compiling the scores
and writing the article.

The results will be published in the next AMSAT Journal (not the
May/June that is printing now) with some really nice photos that were
sent in. At the same time, I will post the results through ANS.

This year, we had  8 satellites used. There was even one QSO on AO-16. A
total of 120 QSO's were reported and we had 17 stations submit scores.
The most contacts were done on VO-52 this year. Behind that was AO-7.

Here are some stats from previous years.

            2005   2006   2007   2008
Satellites    8      7      5      8
QSO's       120    258    207    220
Stations     11     21     13     17

Watch your mailbox for your copy of the AMSAT Journal.

Bruce Paige, KK5DO

AMSAT Director Contests and Awards

Houston AMSAT Net - Wed 0100z on SkyScanner Satellite Radio Network on Galaxy-25 @97° West,
Transponder 23 (12115 Vert), Symbol Rate: 22425, APID: 1794 (DVB Free To Air)
Podcast at http://www.amsatnet.com/podcast.xml or iTunes