[amsat-bb] SEEDS-II at 1 degree elevation

Henk, PA3GUO hamoen at iae.nl
Sun Jul 6 22:57:24 PDT 2008

Keeps impressing me somehow ...

Yesterday I monitored a pass of SEEDS-II (max 89 degree elevation)

Most remarkable to me is that these little satellites can be heared
at very low elevation with very good S/N figures.

Receiving their CW telemetry can be done down to 0.5 degree elevation.
Just using an old 2x8 elements antenna without pre-amp.

For what it's worth: this is how the S/N spectrum looks like
when I hold a microphone on front of the speaker:

Henk, PA3GUO