[amsat-bb] Re: re best transceiver for sats
hamoen at iae.nl
Fri Jul 4 12:58:24 PDT 2008
Mmm what is the best transceiver for sats ... ?
I LOVE my Kenwood TS-2000X.
1) has a birdie on 435.800 (AO-27)
1) has 0..30MHz, 6mtr, 2mtr, 70cm, 23cm
2) all mode (FM, AM ... USB)
3) built in TNC (1k2 and 9k6) (for packet, displays& tracks DX cluster)
4) IF-DSP: standard in, not as option, this rocks (CW filtering 50-2000HZ filters etc.)
5) Built in TXCO (not optional, its just in !)
6) Built in antenna tuner
7) Built in RS232 port (no additional converter needed)
8) Built in cross band repeater
9) Has FM/AM sub transceiver for VHF & UHF
10)Port for remote control head RC2000
... single radio: does it all !
More information about the AMSAT-BB