[amsat-bb] Re: echo

Kevin J. Smith kevin.j.smith at comcast.net
Sun Jan 20 10:22:11 PST 2008

I missed Saturday morning's transmissions but managed to record both hours
this Sunday morning.  Like Luc I could only barely make out a signal on
6.7925 but heard the signal on 7.4075 MHz more as continuous signal.  By my
ear I could not distinguish between a ground wave and the moon reflected
wave, if there was one.  I recorded the listening sessions using HRD and
used a 10-Mb file size limit and I went to bed around 15-minutes into the
7.4075 transmission.  My setup is modest; an FT-817; ~100-ft RG-213/U to a
Butternut vertical.  There was considerable noise ranging from S5 to S9.