[amsat-bb] Digital Recorder

Chris Bloy chris at photofuture.co.uk
Sun Jan 6 11:31:46 PST 2008

Hi All,

I have a small problem when recording my satellite passes, I don’t have the
hands to be able to write the Grids and Callsign’s so i use a little digital
voice recorder that I found on Ebay..

Now, the problem I have is this.. I use my TH-D7 and split the output
between the recorder and my earphones.. BUT the output to the recorder is a
little too hot for it and doesn’t have a mic control.. So my options :-

Do i,

Find a way to turn the volume down on the recorder output, i have tried
working the sat with low low volume, but then i cannot hear the downlink
very well.

Or, can anyone suggest a digital voice recorded that has a mic volume

I was thinking of perhaps a variable capacitor in-line would attenuate the
volume, but there has to be a recorder that has mic controls?

This is for portable work, so a laptop is out of the question!

Checked by AVG Free Edition.