[amsat-bb] Re: ISS L / v Repeater 06.56utc UK / Europe Pass and ThankYou

Henk, PA3GUO hamoen at iae.nl
Wed Dec 31 00:12:07 PST 2008

Hi David !

> My last viable pass of the day and year!
Grrr - I missed it totally due to family visits
away from home, so I didn't even hear ISS :-(

> No other stations heard.
Yes, I realized I missed the opportunity.
Must have been weird: a quiet ISS over Europe
(normally I cannot even get a single 1k2 APRS packet in ...)

Would have been interesting to learn myself what
the real challenge was for the 1,2GHZ uplink:
- ERP (as some US reports suggest)
- Correct doppler handling (as some others suggest)

What RF power did you use David ? (just your plain IC910?)

> David
> G8OQW.

Henk, PA3GUO