[amsat-bb] Re: clarification : audio interference
w4upd at bristor-assoc.com
Mon Apr 21 16:58:29 PDT 2008
Need to find out if they are amplified speakers. I find the best way to
get rid of this problem is one or all of the following:
1. Run shielded cables from sound board to speakers.
2. Put ferrite beads or toroid cores on the speaker wires.
3. See if problem occurs if something is plugged into the line-in
4. Find out if the speakers pick you up without being plugged
into the sound board.
5. If only in sound board, check on mixer settings to see if
you are coming into the
wave, line-in, cd, etc. This might help you to isolate.
6. Be sure your equipment and shack grounds are good.
Hope this helps are gives you some ideas.
w0dxz at aol.com wrote:
> Let me modify that...? my original info was relayed from my wife... "you are getting into the neighbors TV"... after talking with the neighbors,,, I am NOT into their TV, I am being heard through her computer speakers...
> how do I solve this now that I know where it is... she is hearing audio on her speakers...? I am glad it is this rather than? TVI through cable.
> Bob W0DXZ
> Sent via AMSAT-BB at amsat.org. Opinions expressed are those of the author.
> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
> Subscription settings: http://amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
More information about the AMSAT-BB